Ex-Tom Brady teammate Antonio Brown’s ownership of Albany Empire football team under scrutiny over unpaid salaries

Antonio Brown, one of the most effective wide receivers in the NFL and a former teammate of Tom Brady, has been accused by several teammates and the coach of treating them in a deplorable manner, establishing him as a bad team owner.

Antonio Brown: NFL receiver has a long history of controversy, drama

The 34-year-old played for the Steelers, Buccaneers, and Patriots over the course of his 12-year career, recording 928 catches for 12,291 yards and 88 touchdowns. His NFL career, however, was tainted by controversies involving his reckless conduct off the field, his conviction for battery, and sex abuse allegations.

Why was Antonio Brown charged with being a team owner?

In March, Brown went public with his retirement at the conclusion of his 11-year NFL career and joined Mike Kwarta, Charlotte von Schiller, and Steve von Schiller as a co-owner of the Albany Empire.

However, the team recently announced that the Super Bowl LV champion would hold 95 percent of the team’s shares, with Charlotte and Schiller holding the remaining 5 percent. After merely acquiring team ownership, he has already sparked a number of controversies.

NFL player Antonio Brown joins ownership of Albany Empire, father Eddie takes VP role | WRGB

He was alleged to have threatened the coach of the Albany Empire, Damon Ware, and to have failed to pay the players or coaches since April 21. The team’s head coach ultimately left after making his Monday declaration.

“It became all about him, not the football team,” the head coach said. “We built a wonderful organization over three years, he came in and killed it.”

The team’s star players, including wide receiver Darius Prince, quarterback Sam Castronova, lineman Brandon Sesay, defensive back Dwayne Hollis, linebacker Nick Haag, and lineman Melvin Hollins, were suspended following an incident on the team bus after the game in Greensboro, North Carolina, at the same time as the pay problems.

The team’s Albany Holiday Inn hotel room keys were not provided to the players or the HC following the suspension. Alberony Denis, the team’s acting president, acknowledged the issue, claiming a processor problem was to blame for the payroll incident, later, added that the problem has been resolved, and players will now receive their regular salaries.

Antonio Brown texted Raiders owner seeking release, grievance evidence reportedly shows | Sporting News

Antonio has one Super Bowl ring, two Conference Championships, and AFC and NFC titles with the Steelers and Buccaneers, in addition to two Conference Championships.

Nevertheless, in addition to athletic ability, a successful athlete also needs good manners, which AB lacks. Consequently, he destroyed his football career and seems to be on the verge of destroying his professional career as well.


376 articles

Shabiha is a sports content writer for Sportszion. The writer completed her graduation in Management and post-graduation in HRM. Writing is her passion and she has a long career goal in relation to writing.


Leave a Comment