Lets look at top candidates in head coaching market for upcoming NFL Black Monday 2023
The NFL is coming to an end this season, and like every other season, Black Monday is also knocking at the door, with most teams looking for a head coach who can solve the major issues and bring their team back to the winning ways. The head coaching market has candidates who can fix the team’s issues and make players find their hidden selves so they can contribute their best.
With the head coaching market filled with potential contenders, here are our top three head coaches likely to bring major changes in teams-
Who are our top three in the head coaching market?
Although it was extremely difficult to find the best amongst the lot, we managed to gather the best for you keeping in mind they fill up all the criteria of a head coach.
3. Jim Harbaugh
Head coach, University of Michigan
Prior NFL experience: Head coach, San Francisco 49ers (2011-2014)
Career record: 44-19-1 regular season, 5-3 postseason
49ers offence (2011-2014)
- 13th in success rate (43.2%)
- 11th in expected points added per play (0.024)
- 11th in expected points added per dropback (0.108)
- 17th in dropback success rate (45.6%)
- 13th in expected points added per rush (-0.083)
- 7th in rushing success rate (40.2%)
Notable offensive players coached: Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Joe Staley, Anquan Boldin, and Mike Iupati.
2. Dan Quinn
Defensive coordinator, Dallas Cowboys
Prior NFL experience: Head coach, Atlanta Falcons (2015-2020); Defensive coordinator, Seattle Seahawks (2013-2014)
Career record: 43-42 regular season, 3-2 postseason
Cowboys defence (2021-2022)
- 3rd in success rate (41.4%)
- 1st in expected points allowed per play (-0.086)
- 1st in expected points allowed per dropback (-0.088)
- 2nd in dropback success rate (43.1%)
- 14th in expected points allowed per rush (-0.084)
- 6th in rushing success rate (38.5%)
Notable defensive players coached: Micah Parsons, Trevon Diggs, Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, and Leighton Vander Esch.
1. Sean Payton
Prior NFL experience: Head coach, New Orleans Saints (2006-2021)
Career record: 152-89 regular season, 9-8 postseason
Saints offence (2010-2021)
- 2nd in success rate (47.0%)
- 3rd in expected points added per play (0.088)
- 3rd in expected points added per dropback (0.166)
- 1st in dropback success rate (50.6%)
- 2nd in expected points added per rush (-0.041)
- 4th in rushing success rate (41.0%)
Notable offensive players coached: Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Michael Thomas, Jahri Evans, Ryan Ramcyzk, Alvin Kamara, Terron Armstead, Mark Ingram, Marques Colston, and Carl Nicks.
Which coach do you think will create the biggest impact next season? Let us know in the comments.
UFC/ 16 mins ago
How did Conor McGregor lose his UFC titles? Explaining ‘The Notorious’ UFC title withdrawal reasons
Sometimes it is hard to hold onto glory than to attain it. And such...
NBA/ 28 mins ago
NBA analyst Adrian Wojnarowski predicts Grizzlies’ Ja Morant to face big punishment for gun incident: “There’s just not a lot of empathy from around the NBA”
NBA analyst Adrian Wojnarowski has made a bold prediction about Memphis Grizzlies star Ja...
NFL/ 37 mins ago
Tom Brady opposes son Jack Brady’s future football career in bid to alleviate expectations
Considered by many as the GOAT of the NFL, Tom Brady marked an end...
NFL/ 48 mins ago
NFL insider leaks information on $2M contract bid for ex-Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins
After being cut from the Cardinals roster, for the second time in three years,...
WWE/ 56 mins ago
LA Knight wins vs Montez Ford in MITB qualification match with reports claiming Knight to be favorite in London PLE
In a clash that could rival the intensity of a Steel Cage match, the...