How heavy is Devin Haney’s purse after title unification fight with George Kambosos?
George Kambosos Jr. and Devin Haney recently fought in front of a crowd of 56,000 people in Melbourne, Australia! The clash of champions was contested in a jam-packed Marvel stadium. This was Australia’s showcase boxing event of the year with two undefeated champions going at it!
The event raked in a massive number of PPV buys and sold out the arena. The prize fighters will earn millions as a base payout. They will also receive percentages from the PPV buys, with the ratio being 70% for George Kambosos Jr. and the remaining 30% for Devin Haney.
Kambosos Jr. earned a significantly larger payout than Haney due to a number of reasons, It is because the American met each and every demand made by the Kambosos camp in order to get the title shot. The fight was originally scheduled to be between Vasily Lomachenko and George Kambosos, but Lomachenko opted to fight for his country in Ukraine and dropped out of the bout.
That is where the WBC champion Devin Haney stepped in and challenged the 3-belt Australian champ. The title shot would not have gone to Haney unless he agreed to a massively one-sided contract. The contract included an immediate re-match, that too in Kambosos’s home ground of Australia.
The payouts of both fighters:
|Boxer||Base Payout||PPV (%)||Total Purse|
|George Kambosos Jr. (Australia)||$10 million||70%||$12 million|
|Devin Haney (USA)||$2.8 million||30%||$4.5 million|
Devin “The Dream” Haney won his bout against Ferocious George and earned all the available belts at the age of 23! He is the undisputed world boxing lightweight champion and will get a better payout the next time around!
Soccer/ 36 mins ago
From bicycle thief to maestro of bicycle kicks, the remarkable journey to prominence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, soccer’s Muhammad Ali
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is more than just a good player because the soccer star has...
NBA/ 45 mins ago
‘‘I’m bitter, I’m salty’’: Timberwolves Austin Rivers furious rant on watching former team Nuggets playing in NBA finals vs Heat
Many former Denver Nuggets players rejoiced at their team’s entry into the NBA Finals,...
NBA/ 52 mins ago
Steve Kerr and Draymond Green talk on Heat’s game plan to stop Nuggets’ Jamal Murray to win Game 2 in NBA finals
In Game 2 against the Denver Nuggets, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra made a...
Soccer/ 58 mins ago
In wake of Lionel Messi departure from Paris Saint-Germain, Ligue 1 giants’ number of Instagram followers decreases by a million
The departure of Lionel Messi was always expected to have some major effect on...
Boxing/ 1 hour ago
‘‘I’ll be ready’’: Ex-UFC champ Francis Ngannou calls out Tyson Fury in cryptic tweet
The former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou has been out of active competition since...