As Francis Ngannou has not been able to secure a fight for this year yet, there has been a great deal of speculation and concerns about his combat career future. Sean Daniel O’Malley believes that Ngannou’s decision to leave the UFC was a significant mistake for the heavyweight fighter.
Francis, who quit the Ultimate Fighting Championship earlier in January because of failing to reach a final agreement with the UFC president, has divulged some of his plans for the future, one of which is his desire to try his luck in the professional boxing circuit.
— Ultimate Fight Fans (@ULTfightFANS) March 7, 2023
The French-Cameroonian boxer has also voiced his wish to make his boxing debut against Tyson Fury. The British boxing legend also showed interest to fight Francis if his fight with Oleksandr Usyk doesn’t happen soon enough.
What did Sean O’Malley say about Francis Ngannou?
The bantamweight fighter in his The Timbo Sugar Show podcast recently expressed his thoughts on The Predator. According to the 28-year-old fighter, Francis assumed that it would be a mistake for Francis which would eventually ruin his MMA legacy.
“Francis, and I’ve said it since day one since he started talking shit on the UFC on Twitter. It’s going to be the biggest mistake of his life. Tyson Fury isn’t interested in Francis Ngannou anymore. He was interested in Francis when he was the UFC champ. He was the baddest motherf**ker in the world. Now he’s outside the UFC. Now it’s not as intriguing,” said Sean.
‘Sugar’ also thinks people will gradually forget his name as there is a high chance that he will not be fighting in two years. Sean expressed his concerns that staying out of the octagon or ring for two years in no way is beneficial for a fighter like Francis.
Francis, who initially planned to fight Tyson Fury, has kept other alternatives open in case the negotiations with Fury don’t work out. According to Ngannou’s head coach, Eric Nicksick, a bout against Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are also on the cards. Wilder has already stated his intention to sign a two-fight agreement with the former UFC heavyweight champion.
Do you think Sean O’Malley is right about ‘The Predator’ or will Nagnnou bring terror inside the boxing ring? Let us know in the comments.