UFC 266: Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega Odds, Picks, Preview and Predictions
Alexander Volkanovski, the UFC Featherweight Champion will meet Brian Ortega to defend his featherweight belt on September 25, 2021 at T-Mobile Arena.
In the upcoming UFC 266 fight card Volkanovski is one of the most decorated and complete fighters on the roster. He is a former rugby player who has immense technical skill along with the bottomless cardio, which he uses in his fights. With all these skills Volkanovski will enter the octagon battle with Ortega.
However, Volkanovski has previously defended the title once against Max Holloway in a close battle at UFC 251. Volkanovski won the title from Holloway at UFC 245. But this time Holloway did not get the chance.
Ortega came off a splendid win against Chan Sung Jung last fall, in which Ortega returned to the octagon after two years. He was a different fighter in that fight with his crisp striking power as well the defending skill was improved too.
From a tactical standpoint, the Volkanovski vs Ortega bout will be a highly intriguing fight as both fighters have the ability to work on high pressure and bring out the win. Compared to Volkanovski, Ortega acts fast in a fight through his quick jabs and steady stream of low kicks.
The bout is important for both men and a victory for Volkanovski can prove himself to stand out from other fighters in the featherweight division. On the other hand, crowning the title may elevate his ranking as well as set up a rematch against Max Holloway.
UFC 266 Volkanovski vs Ortega fight card odds, picks
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -170 vs. Brian Ortega +145, featherweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) -1400 vs. Lauren Murphy +800, women’s flyweight championship
- Robbie Lawler -110 vs. Nick Diaz -110, welterweights
- Curtis Blaydes -310 vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik +250, heavyweights
- Jessica Andrade -280 vs. Cynthia Calvillo +230, women’s flyweights
- Merab Dvalishvili -260 vs. Marlon Moraes +210, bantamweights
- Dan Hooker -165 vs. Nasrat Haqparast +140, lightweights
- Chris Daukaus -195 vs. Shamil Abdurakimov +165, heavyweights
- Talia Santos -370 vs. Roxanne Modafferi +290, women’s flyweights
- Uros Medic -125 vs. Jalin Turner +105, lightweights
- Manon Fiorot -270 vs. Mayra Bueno Silva +220, women’s flyweights
- Karl Roberson -115 vs. Nick Maximov -105, middleweights
- Matthew Semelsberger -420 vs. Martin Sano +330, welterweights
- Omar Morales -150 vs. Jonathan Pearce +125, lightweights
Volkanovski vs Ortega prediction
Volkanovski is known for his relentless striking skills throughout his MMA career while his grappling skill also developed significantly. Besides, he also has the ability to portray Jiu-Jitsu skills. Ortega has a tremendous grappling background in the featherweight division while also has incredible submissions skills.
If we look at the numbers, Volkanovski has a good possibility to get advantage over Ortega due to his striking accuracy as well as takedown advantages. On the other hand, Ortega will get height advantage with slightly high grappling power.
If Ortega failed to use his grappling skills early, Volkanovski will surely pour it on in the later rounds through he kickboxing and Clinching. Hence, we predict a win for Volkanovski by unanimous decision.
/ 4 hours ago
Regarded as wonderkid once upon a time in his career, Pogba took the world...
/ 4 hours ago
Jose Aldo is a former Featherweight champion and currently fights in the Bantamweight division...
/ 3 days ago
Notre Dame Fighting Irish football head coach Brian Kelly is set to join LSU...
/ 4 days ago
Regarded as one of the top goalkeeper in the world, David De Gea is...
/ 4 days ago
Hailed as one of the most promising youngster out there in England and also...