Jadon Sancho transfer: door closed by Borrusia Dortmund
The Jadon Sancho transfer to Manchester United has been called off by Borussia Dortmund according to the club’s sporting director Michael Zroc.
The Red Devils have been in pursuit of Sancho for most of the transfer window but hit several roadblocks in their bid to sign the England international.
They had earlier been given a deadline of August 10 to complete the deal but despite not agreeing terms, the Old Trafford side still pushed ahead for a transfer and were confident of signing Jadon Sancho before the start of the Premier League.
It is believed that the 20-year-old remains the club’s primary target, although they are also said to be considering alternatives including Ousmane Dembele and Edinson Cavani.
The general feeling in Dortmund is that their prized asset is not leaving the Bundesliga and Zorc told reporters on Sunday that:
”The door is closed, I have said this 27 times.”
Although players are not allowed to speak to the media about the Jadon Sancho transfer situation, club captain Marco Reus expressed his delight that the former Manchester City man was still at the club. Thomas Meunier also told Sky Sports that ”Sancho is staying” while walking into the club’s training center.
The Bundesliga currently allows a limited number of fans to attend league games and some supporters of the club were asked to weigh in on the Jadon Sancho transfer saga.
One Dortmund fan said:
“I think he is definitely going to stay because there was a deadline and there is no option for a transfer anymore.”
“I think he will stay this season, and the next year he will leave us,”
was another supporter’s prediction on the Sancho saga.
Manchester United reportedly submitted a bid of £73m earlier in August, which fell way short of Dortmund’s £108m valuation of their star asset.
Jadon Sancho missed each of Dortmund’s last two games, sitting out the 3-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the DFB Super Cup, as well as the 4-0 win over Freiburg in the Bundesliga, but he was included in England’s most recent international squad by Gareth Southgate.
Although it looks highly unlikely that he will depart for the Theater of Dreams this year, the last has surely not been heard of the Jadon Sancho transfer saga.
Manchester United’s improved bid of £15.6m for Alex Telles rejected
Manchester United have suffered another setbacks in the transfer market, as they have seen their new and improved bid of £15.6m rejected by FC Porto for the transfer of Alex Telles.
The left-back has been courted by the English giants for most of the summer but they have now seen their latest bid rejected by their Portuguese counterparts.
The club have been in the market for a new left-back but have less than 24 hours to submit an improved bid for Telles if they are to land the Brazilian.
This will represent the latest low-point for fans of the club who have been dejected by their club’s transfer dealings so far.
The purchase of Donny van de Beek from Ajax remains Manchester United’s sole arrival this summer, although reports suggest that a deal for free agent Edinson Cavani is close to being agreed.
/ 2 days ago
Throughout the history of wrestling, matches involving WWE weapons are among the most anticipated...
/ 2 days ago
Just like every other sport around, the F1 fraternity too has its share of...