Negotiations for the heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in Wembley have advanced one step further.
There are now a lot of rumors about Tyson and other heavyweights fighting, but this time, according to reports from both boxers’ camps, discussions with Anthony Joshua appear to be moving along quickly.
‼️ George Warren has now clarified that they've sent a "formal offer" to Anthony Joshua's team for the Tyson Fury fight in September, not a draft contract. He said it's the exact same terms AJ accepted last year – 60/40 split, with 50/50 rematch clause if AJ wins. [@Queensberry] pic.twitter.com/zccwmzhyWU
— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) May 27, 2023
The most recent update of the Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight
George Warren, Fury’s promoter talked in detail about how they are proceeding with the fight offer. According to Frank Warren’s son everything is still at the initial stage but this time they are optimistic.
“I put an email over to Eddie Hearn, made a formal offer. Same terms as for [last] December. Exactly the same deal. We’re ready to go.” George said.
"@Tyson_Fury wants it to happen, so do we." 🗣
— Queensberry Promotions (@Queensberry) May 27, 2023
Last year Fury’s side also reached out with a deal that didn’t work out. Through Queensbury Promotions, George said this time they want to proceed the way Joshua’s side demanded the terms in 2022 which is a 60/40 purse split.
“Tyson wants it to happen, so do we, and I hope they do too. It’s exactly the same deal, exactly the same terms. We’ve got enough time hopefully this time to get it done if they want to do it.” George added.
The Gypsy King on facing AJ
Fury was fairly adamant that he will never fight Joshua as a result of how last year’s fight discussions with Joshua’s side collapsed. ‘‘The Gypsy King’ is ready to take on even Anthony at this point, as Fury is frantically attempting to book a bout for this summer.
Negotiations for a heavyweight title fight in the U.K. in September between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have been reignited, with talks underway between their promoters, George Warren and Eddie Hearn. Boxing fans are excited for this highly anticipated event. pic.twitter.com/yh3CKsfzIN
— Combat Sports Nigeria (@CombatSportsNG) May 27, 2023
However, the WBC heavyweight champion appeared to have changed his mind in his most recent Instagram post after struggling to get a suitable opponent.
“A few days ago I sent a draft contract to Anthony Joshua for a fight in September at Wembley. Come on AJ let’s give the world what they want to see. The ball is now on your side.” Fury wrote.
Do you think this time the much-anticipated Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury heavyweight clash will finally take place in Wembley? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section.