Connect with us

Boxing

Joe Smith vs Steve Geffrard Fight Purse, Payouts, Salaries

Joe Smith vs Steve Geffrard Fight Purse

Joe Smith Jr and Steve Geffrard will get underway to a thrilling WBO light heavyweight title. However, Joe Smith was originally scheduled to play against Callum Johnson.

After Johnson was forced to withdraw from the fight due to Covid, Geffrard jumped in. Smith will be defending his WBO light heavyweight title, which he has been holding since April 2021.

Joe Smith won the vacant WBO light heavyweight title against Maxim Vlasov last year. He will join the ring with a 27-3 record and this will be his first defense.

On the other hand, Geffrard will join the fight with 18-2 and will be facing the biggest clash of his career. Moreover, this will be his first title bout too, which is a huge step up in his career.

The bout will be a PPV fight, so there will be a huge purse and payout for both fighters. Let’s check them out.

Joe Smith Jr vs Steve Geffrard Purse

Joe Smith vs Steve Geffrard

Joe Smith Jr (L) and Steve Geffrard (R) face-off during the weigh-in for the WBO light heavyweight championship fight at Turning Stone Resort Casino on January 14, 2022 in Verona, New York. (Photo by Mikey Williams/Top Rank Inc via Getty Images)

Joe Smith is the current title holder and he is a more powerful fighter with a huge fan base. So, it is evident that the fans are waiting to see Smith as he hasn’t been in the ring after April 2021. Therefore, Joe Smith will earn a significant portion of the PPV sales which is 60%. On the other hand, Steve Geffrard will make 40% from the PPV. Smith’s guaranteed purse is also higher than the opponent. He will make guaranteed $400K and Steve will make guaranteed $75K.

Fighters Guaranteed Purse PPV Share Total Payout (approx.)
Joe Smith $400K 60% $1 million
Steve Geffrard $75K 40% $250K

 The payout we have mentioned is not the final payout as other incentives will be added later.

However, these payouts don’t include any deduction for some classified items such as licenses, insurance and taxes. In addition to that, PPV cuts are also not calculated here. Further, the sponsor and other incentive payments will be added later after the event is finished. Hence, the fighters will earn more which we will update upon the disclosure form the organizer.

Note: This post was pieced together from various news sources and authors, which is assumed to be reliable. As soon as the final payout is disclosed, we will update the data.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Latest

Advertisement

More in Boxing