, 3:00 PM ETBayern Munich is flying to Spain to take on the Catalan giants, Barcelona for the UEFA Champions League Group E’s first match on Tuesday, Matchday 1.
The Blaugrana are showing some great performance in the La Liga even after the departure of the Barca Legend, Lionel Messi. Barcelona won 2-1 against Getafe. Now, the dream is gearing up to face the German giants, Bayern Munich. The Stern des Südens recently won 4-1 against RB Leipzig and is ranking second place in the Bundesliga.
This will be the tenth face-off between Barcelona and Bayern. They both last faced each other at the UCL 2019/20 quarter-finals, where the Culers faced a devastating 8-2 defeat to the Bayern Munchen. Further, Bayern has won six matches against Barca in the past, whereas Barca only won twice. Let’s look into the predictions, odds, team news, and facts about the match. We will further tell you how to watch the match between these two giants.
Date: September 14, 2021
Time: 9:00 PM CET, 3:00 PM ET
Stadium: Camp Nou Stadium, Barcelona, Spain
Watch Barcelona vs Bayern live stream free online on the following sites:
This year the players will no more play in empty stadiums. As UEFA permitted a certain amount of the total capacity to attend the live matches. However, those who can’t visit the stadium can watch the match online. However, those online sites might ask for a paid subscription or annoy you with ridiculous advertisements. Thus, we searched for the best free streaming sites for the UCL 2021/22 season. The following websites will get you uninterrupted, free online streaming:
How to Watch UCL Live Soccer Streams on Smart TV, 4K HD?
The free streaming sites will not be telecast in 4K HD. Hence, you will need a premium subscription to watch the UCL in 4K HD on your smart TV or . However, you will get many paid options to watch the UCL 2021/22 matches, but you may also face difficulties finding the cheap one. We have sorted out the cheapest TV channels from different countries. Find them out below:
Where To Watch Barcelona vs Bayern Live from the USA?
TV Broadcast: CBS, CBS Sports Network
Online Livestream: Paramount+, fuboTV (Fans would require a premium subscription to watch online)
Where To Watch Barcelona vs Bayern Live from the UK?
TV Broadcast: BT Sport
Online Livestream: BT Sport App (Fans would require a premium subscription to watch online)
Where To Watch Barcelona vs Bayern Live from Canada?
TV Broadcasting: None (But can use DAZN app on Fire Stick or Android TV to watch on TV)
Online Live streaming: DAZN (Fans would require a premium subscription to watch online)
Barcelona vs Bayern Prediction
Barcelona has lost their talisman, Lionel Messi might have trouble against Robert Lewandowski and his team, Bayern Munich. But, the Catalans also have many young talents who might make it harder for Bayern to have an easy win like their past face-of in UCL 2019/20. However, Bayern might win after a struggle with 2-1 against Barcelona.
Barcelona wins: 3.25
Bayern wins: 2.0
Please Note: The odds are via BetMaster. We do not promote any kind of betting. Please bet at your own discretion.
The pick of the match is Bayern Munich.
👀 First Champions League game, first 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 14, 2021
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Team News
Barcelona’s four forwards, Martin Braithwaite, Sergio Aguero, Ansu Fati, and Ousmane Dembele, will not take part in the UCL match because of their injuries. Also, Sergino Dest got a minor injury during his national matches, but he’s recovered now. Yet Dest’s appearance remains doubtful.
Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman and Corentin Tolisso are also injured and will not take part in the match against Barca. Further, Serge Gnabry took a minor hit against RB Leipzig in their league matches and his appearance is doubtful in the UCL match.
There are no such suspensions for both teams. The coaches would have the entire team at their disposal except for the injured players.
Barcelona vs Bayern Possible Line Ups
||FC Bayern Munich
|Marc-Andre Ter Stegen||Manuel Neuer|
|Jordi Alba||Alphonso Davies|
|Gerard Pique||Lucas Hernandez|
|Eric Garcia||Dayot Upamecano|
|Sergi Roberto||Benjamin Pavard|
|Sergio Busquets||Joshua Kimmich|
|Frenkie de Jong||Leon Goretzka|
|Philippe Coutinho||Jamal Musiala|
|Memphis Depay||Leroy Sane|
|Luuk de Jong||Robert Lewandowski|
|Coach: Ronald Koeman||Coach: Julian Nagelsmann|
|Tactic: 4-3-3||Tactic: 4-2-3-1|
Head to Head
Barcelona and Bayern have faced each other nine times in the Champions League so far. Bayern has won six matches, whereas Barca only won twice. Further, both teams had a draw once.
Results from the last three matches for the two respective teams:
- Barcelona 2-1 Getafe
- Barcelona 1-1 Athletic Club
- Barcelona 4-2 Real Sociedad
- Bayern 4-1 RB Leipzig
- Bayern 5-0 Hertha
- Bayern 12-0 Bremer SV
Finishing touches for #FCBFCB in our new international Teamline gear for 2021/22 🔥
— FC Bayern Munich (@FCBayernEN) September 14, 2021
Players to Watch
1. Memphis Depay: The Dutch forward joined Barcelona prior to the start of the new 2021/22 season. Already, the Dutchman proved his worth in his appearance at Barca matches, scoring goals in literally every match. He might be the goal-scoring machine for Barca this season in UCL.
2. Pedri: This young Spaniard already earned a name for himself at an age of just 18-year-old. He showcased his potential at international levels like Euro and Olympics. He might be a Barca legend in the future.
3. Frenkie de Jong: This Dutchman is a key figure in Barcelona’s midfield, he can not create key passes for scoring goals but can also score himself and also drop back to defend when needed.
1. Robert Lewandowski: The Polish forward is one of the best strikers in the world and he’s also the best player in the Bundesliga at the moment. He is the main attacking force of FC Bayern. he will be a threat that Barca needs to look for.
2. Thomas Muller: The German is an attacking midfielder but can convert to a full-time center-forward. Along with Lewandoski, Muller is a force to look for and literally unstoppable.
3. Manuel Neuer: This German goalkeeper is said to be one of the best in the world, thus it would be hard for Barca’s attack to put the balls behind the net when Muller is guarding the net.